Expressions of Interest – ADP 2024
We are taking expressions of interest for players interested in joining our Accelerated Development Programme (ADP) at Burleigh Heads Soccer Club for the 2024 season.
Moving into the 7th year of the program, we have ADP teams from U8’s-U18’s. Justyn McKay, Director of Soccer-X and Head Coach of the ADP wrote, “over the past 6 years we have been fortunate to be part of Burleigh Heads SC, a club blessed with some of the premier soccer facilities on the Gold Coast with excellent playing surfaces and spacious training areas. Whilst enjoying a great deal of success on the field over the past 5 years, more so, the club provides a warm and family orientated environment for all its players and families, ensuring an enjoyable experience for all, win, lose or draw.”
Our Burleigh Heads SC ADP aims to provide junior players and parents with the following:
- Providing a positive, inclusive environment 𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐝 around the junior players development as young soccer players and as young adults
- Implementing good habits from a young age both on and off the field. Learning the essential basic techniques of the game. Increasing tactical knowledge and being competitive in both training/games whilst playing with integrity and respect for teammates / opponents
- Consistent training methods designed to improve players individually and collectively over the course of the season
** Disclaimer… What we DON’T do:
- Judge the players performance / development on whether they win / lose at the weekend
- Place winning ahead of everything else
- Tolerate coaches, players or parental behaviour which detracts from providing a positive environment for the players to play with freedom and enjoyment
- Commentate on games and make players decisions for them
- Make false promises or turn players into superstars over night!
𝐀DP LEAD COACHES
𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧? The teams train 2 times per week and play matches on Saturday mornings (U15’s & U16’s) play games on Friday evenings).
𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 / 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲? All training sessions and home matches are at Burleigh Heads SC, Pizzey Park, Miami.
𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐝𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐧? The teams play in the GC junior leagues against other community clubs. Once the squads are selected we enter each team into a league which feel is most appropriate for their ability. Our aim is to ensure all teams are within a competition where they are playing against challenging teams each week, without being out of their depth. We have a range of abilities within our program with teams playing in the Wallabies / Div 2 whilst we have teams who are winning JPL Grand Finals. The key for us is having players who are keen to work hard, learn and develop.
If your child is interested in joining us in 2023, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Child Name
- Age Group (2024)
- Current Club
- Preferred position